Cusco the "Gateway to the Andes"
Cusco (Cuzco) - At 11,200ft (3,400m) was the capital of the Inka empire and the launching point for Machu Picchu, the Inka Trail, the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes and Choquequirao. Cusco was the capital of the Inka empire and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1983. Many believe the city was planned in the shape of a puma to honor the sacred animal. Today it is a bustling city with cobble stone streets lined with Quechuan people selling their handicrafts and wares.
If you want to shop, experience the local culture, tour the museums and cathedrals, ride a motorcycle through the Andes, paraglide or trek. We can arrange your perfect Andean vacation.
We will customize any tour to fit your group, schedule and expectations.
5 day 4 night Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu Tour
Some of the extra things to do in your spare time~Inka Massage~natural hot water springs hot tubs in Agua Caliente~
- Day One~ Fly from Lima to Cusco (Cuzco) Enjoy the hotel in historic San Blas. Rest, acclimate, look around and eat.
- Day Two~ Travel to the Sacred Valley stopping at scenic overlooks and an alpaca farm where you will hand feed these intriguing animals. Your guide will explain the culture, crops, customs and traditions along the way. Ollantaytambo ruins will be your introduction to the amazing engineering ability of this ancient society. You will finish the day on the train to Aguas Caliente and upon arrival will be greeted at your hotel for a much needed rest.
- Day Three~ Start early as you head up to Machu Picchu. Spend the day basking in the glory of the Inka Empire. After a full day of enjoying one of the 7 wonders of the world take the train back to Ollantaytambo and bus back to Cusco. Another massage? You might need it!
- Day Four~ Enjoy Cusco, check out the local market, take a city tour or just relax on the square and watch the people.
- Day Five~Flight back to Lima
*Includes hotels, breakfast every day, all transportation after the flights, entrance fees and tour guide for days two and three and buffet lunch for day two.